You are a researcher at a university or research organization, an energy specialist, and you have results with the potential to be used, and you need funding for your project.
To combat climate change, France has committed to reducing primary energy consumption from fossil fuels by 30% by 2030 compared to 2012, and then achieve carbon neutrality by 2050, which implies a division by 6 of greenhouse gas emissions in its territory compared to 1990. The current conflicts are also pushing Europe and France to seek means of energy sovereignty. In this context, the SATT Network (Technology Accelerator Companies) and ADEME are launching a Call for Expressions of Interest (AMI) to discover technology solutions that contribute to energy resilienceand to support before the transfer of those that can be implemented until 2030.
Apply on the SATT network website: https://www.satt.fr/ami-energie/
The priority topics identified for this call for proposals are as follows:
- Development of innovations or improvements in technologies aimed at increasing the sustainability of energy systems and interfacing energy carriers (gas, electricity, heat) in conditions of supply instability.
➔ At all scales: regional/republican, city/rural, district/quarter scale.
➔ Examples of coupled energy vectors: production of hydrogen by electrolysis from electricity, production of cold or heat by heat pumps from electricity, production of electricity from biogas or hydrogen, or cogeneration.
- Development and/or optimization of systems and processes for the production of renewable energy (example: carbon-free hydrogen, wind, photovoltaics, biogas) and in order to reduce costs compared to current solutions.
- Development of technologies and solutions that promote energy sobriety.
AMI Energy Sustainability aims to record innovations that have passed the Proof of Concept laboratory stage and accelerate their transition to the economic world through the creation of specialized start-ups or the development of industrial CUs.
- Acceptable results must come from one or more laboratories belonging to universities and research organizations under one of the SATTs.
- The innovation at the core of the project should be integrated into one of the research axes of the lab/carrier platform.
- The owner must present the results that he has obtained (on his own or jointly) as part of his research activities in the institution in which he works.
- There was no scientific communication (article, book, oral communication, public defense of the dissertation, etc.) about the results, which would be contrary to their promotion.
- Project invitations are also open to results generated through research partnerships with academic or private players, possibly outside of SATT. In this case, the results already obtained and the corresponding intellectual property should be suitable for industrial use.
- The submitted design must be based on experimental results and/or simulations that clearly demonstrate a scientific concept (laboratory proof of concept for the target application) that meets a TRL (technological readiness level or technology maturity level) of at least 3.
Each SATT organizes its own jury and ADEME contributes to the jury. At a minimum, the following criteria will be used to evaluate projects:
- The initial results shown are reproducible.
- The proposed project aims to promote and transition into the socio-economic world or the creation of a start-up.
- The project meets the requirements to reduce the impact on climate, health and the environment.
- Application-oriented projects are possible until 2030.
- The willingness of the owner to see the technology resulting from these results in the market.
- Expertise of the project manager(s) in the given area.
- The strength of potential intellectual property associated with completed developments.
What do SATT bring to the winners?
- Support for the creation of the project and financing of the early maturation of the invention.
- Human support.
The average duration of project maturation is from 6 to 24 months.
What does ADEME give the winners?
ADEME will help identify the most appropriate funding windows for projects that do not require SATT support.